The Non Resident Nepalese (NRNs) residing in Canada and in the countries this Embasy is accredited to, can apply to the Embassy of Nepal, Ottawa to obtain the NRN ID cards. NRN ID Cards are also issued from the Multilateral Economic Affairs Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kathmandu.
The NRNs willing to obtain NRN ID cards have to register their names by providing their detail information as prescribed in the NRN registration application form. The NRN registration application form can also be used for NRN ID card application. The application forms for Foreign National of Nepali Origin and Nepalese Nationals Residing Abroad are available online.
Other relevant information can be found, in detail, in Non Resident Nepali Act 2064 & Non- Resident Nepali Regulations 2066.
How to apply for NRN ID cards?
- Download and complete NRN ID card application form available online.
- Take a print out of your application form and sign it. Also send a scanned copy of your signature to put it in your ID
- Submit your application online.
- Mail the signed application form together with other documents as prescribed in the application form or bring them with you if you are applying in person.
- Enclose three copies of passport size photographs and a paid return envelope to send the ID to your address.
- Enclose money order of CAD $ 690.00 payable to the Embassy of Nepal, Ottawa for obtaining NRN ID Card.